Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 is the important service in the microsoft os. Many of Windows user ask the question regarding What is windows modules Installer Worker and why does it occupy 50-70 percent of CPU Space? This is a common question asked by all the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 users because of the issue related to the Module Installer. Windows Modules Installer Worker is very important to service as it gets the updates from Microsoft and installs it on your computer. This module installer helps for automatic update and install new files every time. But while installing your Windows 10 Operating System will get a high CPU load and you system processing power slow down for a while. check all about Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 from here.
Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows:
Windows Modules Installer is a service which gets all the updates to your system and installs automatically. This Modules Installer doesn’t allow the Microsoft to force the user to update or install new files every time. This article helps you to know more about the Windows Modules Installer Working and How to change the Windows 10 Update Settings?
Many of them think that Windows Modules Installer Worker (WMI) is a virus but it is not. This Modules Installer is a Windows Service which searches for Windows Updates to your Operating System. Makes the user update the files and allows the user to choose whether to download and install on the computer but sometimes it may cause system high disk usage. So, to get a notification before the update you need to change the Windows 10 settings. But, some of the components will be installed by Windows Modules Installer Worker automatically even if you change the settings. Note that, Microsoft Download Center has nothing to do with this process.
Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10
Do you know the file which checks for an update? TiWorker.exe is a system service which looks for Windows Update on your System. It automatically checks for the system update in the background and uses CPU which produce load on the disk. CPU usage will be between 30-50 percent during the normal process but TiWorker loads the large data files in which CPU gets up to 100% usage. So, to control your CPU usage follow this guide to know How to fix Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 High Disk usage issues.
The important note that this process reduces the speed, work efficiency, and increase the performance of your system. Even it also reduces the possibility of virus attack to your system during each update.
Solution 1: – Solve Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 High CPU Usage Issues
- To Open the System Services, Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type services.msc or Search for ‘local services’ on your system.
- Scroll down for “Windows Module Installer”. Double Click on it to change the settings.
- Now, Go to ‘Start Type’ label and Select ‘Manual’. Click on Start and Apply to save the changes.
- And also change the settings as same on ‘Windows Update’ Service.
- Now Open Control Panel and Click on Windows Update.
- Click on Change Settings and Check the label “Check for Updates but let me choose whether to download and install them”.
- Reboot your computer to apply the changes you made.
Solution 2: – Solve Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 High CPU Usage Issues
- You can choose this alternative to solve the issue. Download the Windows Update Troubleshooter and run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab.
- This Troubleshooter checks the update and for registry keys but the process takes some time.
- After the complete process, it displays the message as “Troubleshooting has completed”. Click on Close and Restart your computer.
Solution 3: – You can Search for Updates Manually
- Microsoft Windows provides an Option to check for Updates manually.
- Go to System Settings and then “Update and Recovery”. You can see an option as ‘Check for Updates’. Click on it to check any updates.
- If there are any files update them and install on your PC/laptop and Reboot your System.
Solution 4: – By Clearing Update Cache
- You need to clear Windows Update Cache to resolve this issue.
- Now, Reboot your System.
Solution 5: – Search for Malware and Viruses
As it important to check the Malware and Virus on your computer, Protect your computer by scanning using the antivirus tools available.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
So, Finally, these are the solution regarding Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10 high disk CPU usage. Choose any of the solution mentioned and also use antivirus tools to protect your system.