Fix USB Dive Not Recognized – We use USB device to transfer data into our PC and Laptops. But, many a time we find an error as Device Descriptor Request Failed when we insert a USB on our Windows Operating System. As Microsoft has updated the Windows 10 Operating System, many users have reported an issue regarding The Last USB device connected to this computer is malfunctioned and does not recognize it. Here in this article am going to explain you about How to Fix USB Drive Not Recognized – Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10. Follow the simple steps to fix the Unknown Device Description Request Failed error easily.
Fixing USB Drive Not Recognized Error:
Generally, when you connect the USB device to your system you get a notification as something threat or a virus with your device. But there could be many reasons for the issue and we couldn’t specify the exact reason. So, there are many to ways to solve this problem. You get the notification as “The last USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it” Or as “One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance click this message”.
Your computer asks you to RESTART your system to fix the problem. Unplug your USB and Restart your computer. Plug in the USB device after few minutes and check whether it works or not. This the first method to fix the issue and the easiest way solve the Device Description Request Failed error.
You can connect any external device to your systems like USB flash drives or an External Hard Disks and this could the common error you find when you plug in the external devices. This error might be because of using the wrong filesystem, driver issues, dead USB ports and much more.
Fix USB Device Not Recognized -Device Descriptor Request Failed:
Sometimes you may follow the first method resolve the issue but if that doesn’t work then you need to remove PC’s power supply which is at the back of your processor. This process may reset your computer and then create the Windows software on your system. This issue can also be because of the corrupted RAM of your computer. Remove the Memory from the MotherBoard and Clean it using a satin fabric to fix the problem.
Method 1: – By Using Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
- Open Trouble Shooter in the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click on Configure a device which is under Hardware and Sound.
- This process checks the issues related to the Hardware. Then click on Apply to fix the issue if any found.
Method 2: – By Uninstalling the Drivers
- Open Run on your system (Windows +R).
- Type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
- A new window with all the device manager service will be displayed and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller and then connect your device which is not recognized. As you connect, you can see your USB device connected with yellow triangle label.
- Right-click on the label and click on ‘Uninstall’ to remove them.
- Now, Restart your PC to install the drivers automatically.
Method 3: – By Disabling Fast Startup
- Open Control Panel and then Choose Power Options and then Click on ‘Change what power buttons do’.
- Now, Click on “Change Settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Scroll down to Uncheck ‘Turn on Fast Startup’ and click on Save Changes.
- Now Reboot your system to apply the changes to your computer.
Method 4: – Update the Generic USB Hub
- Open Device Manager in the Control Panel and Click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-Click on Generic USB Hub and Click on Update Driver Software.
- Now you have to choose “Browse my computer for driver software” to install the driver software manually.
- Click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” and then click Next to continue.
- Click on Generic USB Hub and Click Next and then Close when finished.
Method 5: – By Updating BIOS
- If any of the methods won’t work, then you can try this method as you need to Update the system BIOS to fix the problem. To Update BIOS on your system, download the latest BIOS file from motherboard manufacturer’s website.
So, these are the different methods to solve the issue regarding How to Fix USB Driver Not Recognized -Device Descriptor Request Failed errors on your system. Follow the simple step to fix the issue within seconds.