Sometimes you want to watch a movie on the larger screen or else you want to play a game on the larger screen than your PC or Laptop right. Yes, absolutely why not! we wish to watch or play a game on the larger screen. So, Microsoft has developed a technology to cast your PC or Laptop screen to another TV or a Projector in a simple way and wirelessly. Microsoft uses MIRACAST Technology to cast or mirror your system screen to another Tv or Projector wirelessly. So follow this article to know more about the Miracast Technology and connect your PC Screen to another larger screen.
How to Check if Miracast is supported on your device or not
Yes! it is important to know whether Miracast is supported by your device or not. Before getting into the topic let me tell you briefly about What is Miracast? Miracast is the standard wireless connection from devices like laptops, PC’s, tablets, smartphones, etc.. to external devices like TV, Projectors, and any other external screens. You can also describe broadly as “HDMI over Wi-Fi” as replacing the cable from the device to the display.
Microsoft has introduced Miracast Technology in the Windows 8.1 version and got the best customer review. Miracast creates the best wireless connection between your computer and the other external devices like Monitor, TV, and Projectors. You can see up to 1080p HD video (H.264) and 5.1 surround sound which is an amazing feature to display the content.
Now to check if Miracast is supported or not, Click “Win+R” and type ‘dxdiag’ > Click Enter. You need to click on “Save all Information” which is at the bottom of the page and save the text file in the desired location. Open the file and scroll down for “Miracast” and you can see whether it is available or not.
How to SetUp and Use Miracast on Windows 10
- If you have an option “Miracast” as a built-in option on your external device like TV and projectors or any other screen you need to cast “Turn On”. Else use an external adapter and plug it into HDMI port to your device.
- Now in your Windows System, navigate to Start/Settings/Devices/Connected Devices.
- Click on “Add a Device” and then wait for some time as an adapter to appear to in the list. Click on it and then it automatically connects to your Windows PC or Laptop.
- Now Click “Win+P” to configure both the devices and you can also choose the relevant options.
How to Fix Windows 10 Miracast not Working Issue
- Yes, sometimes you face issues related to the Miracast when you try to connect to your PC or Laptop.
- You may face issues like No Sound or Content blur or any other. The first thing you need to check the drivers and then check for Wi-Fi drivers are up to dates and then your computer should support Wi-Fi direct.
- Even then you face the same issue then you need to change the adaptors and then connect the adaptors. I would prefer to use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to connect the Miracast to your device.
- If not all these, then consult the manufacturer to fix the issue and then find the right solution and then fix the issue.
By this way, you can cast the Miracast to your Windows Operating System to another external device which supports the Miracast. If you find any other issues other than this comment below you will reach out to fix the issue.