Are you facing the problems of Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Windows Update Error It is not important to upgrade your Microsoft Operating System to tier version because to use the additional features wic are available only in the Latest Version. Many users et notification to update their Operating System and if you wish to update then you can easily update by clicking on the notification to Update Microsoft Operating System to latest version or else you can o to PC Settings and Click on Update and Recovery options. There you need to search for updates and then if there are any updates then click on install updates on your PC/Laptop.
Sometimes if you do not update on time then your system may face security issues and performance issues. So, update your Windows Operating System when you get the notification for your computer. But, while upgrading your Operating System you may get some errors like Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt error which says you that your upgradation as stopped and all the universal apps are stopped to install on your system.
Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Windows Update Error
To solve this error, Windows users start to Troubleshoot to fix but sometimes it may fail to fix. So, you need to fix it manually on your PC/Laptop. This process needs Service Registry Troubleshooting to fix the error. So, before going toRegistryy level Troubleshooting you need to create a BackUp for Registry because you may lose your data while troubleshooting your Operating System.
- After creating a backup for Registry, you need to use Registry Editor to cane some values in the Registry. Mainly you need to remove the value from ThresholdOptedIn.
- Open Registry Error and then search for the key as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfhost\Applicability.
- Now delete the ThresholdOptedIn value if you see any.
- Open the Command Prompt in the Admin Mode and enter the following commands one by one. Remember that you need to click enter after you type each command.
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop bits
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
net start cryptSvc
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start bits
net stop cryptSvc
So, this process helps you to shut down all the Windows Update Services and then Reset the Catoot2 Folder. Also, Rename the Software Distribution Folder and then restarting the Windows Service Back. Now after all the process, Restart your PC/Laptop and try to update your Operating System.
If the above process doesn’t work to solve the error then follow the other method to fix the issue.
- Disable Antivirus Software and then Run System File Checker to Repair the Windows System Image as it replaces all the corrupted Windows files in your computer.
- Check whether all the Windows Update Related services are running or not on services.msc.
- If not Start the Service by right-clicking on the service and click on start the service.
It would be better to set the service as ‘Automatic’ which helps you to turn on the service whenever it has stopped. Cryptographic Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service should be set as Automatic. Even if you face the error, then you need to Reset Windows Store Cache and then try to fix the issue.