Refresh Windows 10 PC without affecting files – Refreshing or Restarting your Windows Operating System makes your Windows PC/Laptop works well. Yes, it’s true. You can figure out some of the issues on your Windows Operating System by refreshing your Windows Operating System. Resetting your Windows Operating System means deleting all your personal files, apps, and data from your Windows Operating System and installing the new Operating System. But whereas Refreshing means changing all the settings to the default. So you can choose according to your requirement. You can boot your system or else you can refresh the Settings option on your Windows Operating System. So here in this article am going to explain you all the process to Refresh Windows Operating System PC without affecting files from Settings option.
Refreshing your PC from Settings makes the changes to the default and it will delete any application from the App Store. So it is safe to refresh your Windows PC/Laptop whenever you wish to. But remember that all the third party applications on your Windows Operating System are uninstalled and then after successful refresh, you can reinstall all the software you need. Windows OS will send you the notification regarding the third party applications which are uninstalling from your Windows PC/Laptop.
Even if you want to know all the important applications which are uninstalled from your Windows OS will be stored in RemovedApps.html on your desktop. You can see this .html file after complete refresh.
Step by Step process to refresh Windows 10 PC without affecting files on your Windows Operating System
Here are the complete steps to refresh your Windows Operating System without affecting files. You need to follow steps completely else you may find any glitches in your Windows Operating System. So better do not skip any step.
- Open your Windows Operating System and then click on Windows Icon on your Desktop. Click on Settings.
- In Settings window, you can see Update & Recovery option. Click on it.
- In Update & Recovery, you can see Recovery option in the left pane. Click on it.
- Now you can see Refresh your PC without affecting your files in the right pane.
- As you click on it, you can see a notification related to insert Windows 10 Installation media. Insert the Windows 10 Disc or you can use the USB device if you have.
- As you insert, you can see the option as what happens if you refresh your PC. Click on Next.
- You can see a message as Apps you’ll need to reinstall after refreshing your Windows PC/Laptop. Click Next.
- Now you can see the message as Ready to Refresh your PC. Click on Refresh.
As you click on Refresh, your Windows Operating System starts refreshing by changing all the settings to the default. It also uninstalls all the third-party applications from your Windows Operating System.
So by this way, you can refresh your Windows Operating System without affecting your personal files on your Windows Operating System. Remember that you need to have Windows 10 Media file to refresh your Windows Operating System. Else you cannot refresh your Windows Operating System.