Processor Scheduling in Windows 10/8/7 – Processor Scheduling is a major service in the which gives the best performance when you use Programs or any Background process in your Operating System. You can adjust Processor Scheduling from the Control Panel. As it is very important to have a good performance on your Operating System then Start using Processor Scheduling service.
How to Use Process Scheduling in Windows 10/8/7
- To open the Processor Scheduling service tab, type sysdm.cpl in the Run and then click on enter. It opens System Properties window and then choose the Advanced label and then Click on Performace Settings.
- In performance settings choose an Advanced label, then you can Processor Scheduling option. In this, you get to see two options as “Adjust for best performance of Programs” and “Adjust for best performance of Background Services”.
- By changing these settings you are going to change DWORD value of Win32PrioritySeparation in the following directory.
This PriorityControl Key changes the difference between foreground or background priorities. You can also choose the default values for Win32PrioritySeparation REG_DWORD 0,1, or 2 with the default being 0x2. These default values have special meaning as
- 0 – Use when Foreground and background applications equally responsive.
- 1 – Use when Foreground application is more responsible than the Background application
- 2 – Best Foreground application response time.
By default when you open the Settings in the Win32PrioritySeparation you can see 2 as the default option in the Windows 8 Pro version. If you change via Control Panel then you need to select Adjust for best performance of Background service and then Clik Apply. Then you can see 18 (decimal 24) as the Value data in Winn32PrioritySeparation for Background service.
If you select Adjust for best performance of programs then you can see 26 (decimal 38) as the value data of Win32PrioritySeparation for Programs.
So these are the settings in the Windows to optimize the rum programs and foreground service or background services. You can changes according to your wish as it gives you the best performance to use your Operating System. If you are using Desktop computer then it is better to use default or Adjust for best performance of Programs in the settings.
If you use your PC as a server then you have many background services like printing or disk backup that run repeatedly while you work. This process needs quick response time and needs to respond faster. So you need to choose to Adjust for best performance of Background Services. So set the Processor Scheduling according to your requirement and have the best experience on your Operating System.