InAccessible Boot Device Error in Windows 10 – This kind of issue occurs mainly when you upgrade your Windows 10 Operating System or when you reset your Windows 10. You get an error as InAccessible_Boot_Device error in the blue screen. You can solve this issue and fix it easily in few steps.
“INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error” occurs when your computer loses access to the partition of your hard disk and mainly during the startup. If this happens, then your system shuts down and shows a blue screen with an error message to protect your data corruption or else any data loss.
INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error on Windows 10:
Apply all the suggestion given below to fix the error and share your experience with us.
- If this error has occurred due to booting by default, then change the boot options.
- Remove all the hardware which you have recently added to your computer.
- Now, check for disk firmware version is incompatible with Windows 10 and if it is not compatible then update the disk firmware to the latest version and see whether you need to update the BIOS.
- If you have recently added a driver then you need to restart your computer and then open Advanced Boot Options and then select Last Known Good Configuration option and then try to restore by using Windows 10 Safe Mode.
- Check whether the hard disk has corrupted or not by entering chkdsk /f/r in command prompt. If you cannot boot into windows then choose Recovery console and run chkdsk /r in the CMD.
- If this error appears as soon as you upgrade your Windows 10 Operating System then download and use Media Creation Tool in the USB device. Perform the clean install by booting from the USB. Skip the step if you are asked for a product key and then after few minutes, Windows 10 will be activated and then sign in into Microsoft Account.
So, if any of the methods do not work then you need to reinstall the previous version of your Operating System either Windows 8 or Windows 7 for PC/Laptop. Activate it and then upgrade it to Windows 10 and then install Windows 10 using ISO. this is the best solution for INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error in Windows 10.