Fix High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe – Do you ever think How our Windows Operating System gets Service Pack upgrades automatically? Yes, CompatTelRunner.exe is a service or a process which enhance the Windows Operating System to get updates from Microsoft. This service also performs a peculiar feature which solves the compatibility issues and also provides a telemetry feature of Windows 10 which collects the user data and increase the Microsoft Customer Experience. check here for detailed information on How to Fix High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe
Fix High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe:
CompatTelRunner.exe is a service from Windows, especially KB2977759 update which is a Windows 7 RTM Compatibility update. But, interestingly this process occupies more space in the CPU which slows down your Operating System Performance. Due to this issue, many of users complained about the CompatTelRunner.exe service which occupies the Disk Space and decreases the efficiency of usage. Many of users started using the most updated version of Windows and facing the issue related to High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe.
How to Fix High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe
Usually, we do not find think about a service or a process which transmit our data to the Microsoft personally. But, this is a unique feature is to improve the customer experience on the Microsoft Operating System. As we know, everyone is more concerned about the privacy and security of the data we use. Follow this process to change the settings to diagnose the system manually.
You may or may not required this method if you do need Microsoft to diagnose your system automatically and runs the compatibility assessments by itself. But, you must concern about your system performance and disk usage of this service and also about your privacy of the data.
As all the program files are found in the system32 folder and even CompatTelRunner.exe is present in the same folder which is held by the TrustedInstaller and if you try to adjust this service then you will get a notification as “Access Denied”. This is because of the TrustedInstaller procedure which allows us in Read Only mode but not to modify it. But, we can find a solution regarding the high CPU usage issue of CompatTelRunner.exe and it involves the procedure which you can delete it without eliminating the entire Windows update but you solve your issues.
Additionally, the CompatTelRunner.exe solution helps you to find the compatibility issues using Windows diagnostic on your computer. This process also helps you to obtain the required data from the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program if it is enabled. And remember that this procedure uses a lot of computer resources like Disk Usage and also many other requirements from your computer because it is a part of Windows Update. I’ve written this article because many of users have complained about the CompatTelRunner.exe operations which consume more than 60% of the CPU Disk Usage. You need to follow the instructions to solve the issue
Scan And Repair Corrupted Windows System Files:
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) on your system and execute the commands mentioned below.
- Typer ‘sfc /scannow’ which scans for corrupted or missing files and also repair or replace them.
- As you type the Command-click on Enter. This takes few minutes to verify your system and sometimes it may take an hour to complete it.
- This process can fix the high CPU and Disk Usage issue.
How to Prevent ComaptTelRunner.exe From Running In Windows:
- Search for the Task Scheduler in the search bar. As you need to type ‘Schedule Tasks’ and click on enter.
- In Task Scheduler Library, you need to navigate to Application Experience as Microsoft/Windows/Application Experience.
- Click on Application Experience to see the tasks on your system. Choose ‘Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser’ and ‘Disable’ the task to stop the service.
- Now to save the changes you need to Reboot your computer and check whether you have solved your High CPU Disk Usage issue or not.
Hope this article Fix High CPU & Disk Usage by CompatTelRunner.exe solve your High CPU Disk Usage and also the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk usage. Type the correct commands in the command prompt or else you may find any glitches in it.