Find Out, Renew, Change IP Address in Windows 10 – If you are new to know about the IP Adress then you need to read the complete article else you can directly jump to the section of the topic. Every system has its own IP Address as it is an Internet Protocol Address which is unique address linked to your device when you are connected to the Internet & Networking Activities. IP Address technology is the latest technology which connects one device to the other device via the Internet which does the work easily. Every system and now your system has a unique IP Address which can be shared to anyone and you can see it on your Windows Device. So to Find Out, Renew, and Change the IP address on your Windows 10 Operating System, follow the steps involved in it.
You can change the IP address of your Windows Device if you want and then configure it whenever required. Here are simple steps to use as you can implement these steps on any of the Windows Operating System.
How to Find Out IP Address of your Windows 10 PC/laptop
It is necessary to know the IP address if you want to connect more than a device to share the files each other. So to know the IP Address, you need to open the Command Prompt window and then type the commands in it.
- So to open the Command Prompt, open the Power Menu and then Click on the Command Prompt. Press Win + X to open the Command Prompt and then you can see the Command Prompt option. Click on it.
- As you click on Command Prompt, you can see a black window in which you need to enter the commands in it.
- Type ipconfig /all and then click enter.
- IPConfig is the best tool to know all the TCP/IP network configuration values on your Windows Operating System as you can see all the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP. You can also see the Domain Name System Settings.
- As you hit enter, you can see all the Adapter IP addresses on your Windows Operating System.
How to Renew IP Address on your Windows 10 Operating System
You can also refresh or renew your Windows Operating System IP Address as you need to type the commands in the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /release and click enter to release the IP Address on your Windows 10 OS.
- Type ipconfig /renew as it will renew all the IP Addresses on your Windows 10 Operating System.
Now, you need to change all the IP addresses on your Windows 10 Operating System
How to Change IP Address in Windows 10 Operating System
Many people want to set a static IP Address to their system as they do not want to change or enter every time they require. So to set the static IP Address, you need to change some settings in the Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and then click on Network and Sharing Center. Here you can see the connection links, click on it.
- You can see that a new window will popup as it will show the details of the internet connection. Click on Properties.
- Here you need to select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP v4).
- So these are the default version of IP Address you can see on your Windows PC/Laptop. Here you can change the required IP Address of your wish.
- Here, you need to select the Use the Following IP Address and then enter the IP Address you want for your Windows OS.
- Check the ‘Validate Settings Upon Exit‘ window, before you close the window.
- Click OK and then close the window.
Now, your Windows PC/laptop will automatically run the network diagnostic and then verify the connection. So now you can connect to any device by using the IP address which you have entered and then you can have a safe connection. If you want to use more than one network then you need to use Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and also the preferred DNS Server or any Alternate DNS Servers on your Windows OS.