Want to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10? Check the complete guide and know the ways toDisable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10 – Have you ever faced issues related to Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10? To solve this issue, this is a complete guide on How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry on Windows 10. But, if you are new to Windows 10 then you might be confused about What is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry? So, to know much more about How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10 this issue this article will assist you.
Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10:
Microsoft has updated its Windows Operating System to Windows 10 with many features and with a certain range of securities. Microsoft Windows 10 comes with a telemetry feature enabled which collects all user activity and sends to Microsoft by default. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 is a Microsoft recommendation as they track the user crash report and all other information to improve the user experience. But, due to this dmwappushsvc service users may face compatibility telemetry windows 10 disk usage issues. This telemetry tracks data from compattelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatability telemetry and also plans to improve the features and the user experience on the Windows 10 Operating System.
Hope you came to know What Is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10? If not I will explain it briefly. Microsoft Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt telemetry enabled a feature which collects all the user activity to improve the user experience on this Operating System by default. Unfortunately, Microsoft has didn’t present an option to disable this feature on Pro Edition of Windows 10. The only customers Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 1o High Usage Company can change this feature. But, you can find an alternate solution which eliminates Data and Telemetry Collection on Windows 10 Operating System.
As everyone is more concerned about the privacy of their data on Windows 10 Operating System, Microsoft mentioned many times that any of personal data doesn’t include in the Telemetry Collection. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry collects some private data to improve the user experience more and better. Due to this, Windows 10 increases its performance and efficiency to help the user. Microsoft also provides Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool for Windows 10 for all the user.
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10:
This service compatibility is provided using Diagnostic Tracking Service and also cause issues if the office telemetry agent stops working on it. Microsoft has released updates on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (KB3075249, KB3080149, and KB3068708) which are optional which provides same telemetry data. And also you can see the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 which get all the data from the users’ computer and many users reported regarding ‘office telemetry agent has stopped working issues’. So, follow this article to know How to Turn Off Telemetry on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
Windows 10 is working good since its release with few cautions protection problems and possible privacy. As the update is an optional and a basic service to choose for an Operating System. But, Some of the users are offensive regarding the inclusion of Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Window 10 high disk usage on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
The main issue focuses towards the telemetry support from Microsoft Windows 10, which intermittently directs the user data and information to enhance the user experience and to increase the performance of the Windows 10 Operation System which is automatically allowed. Later on, dmwappushsvc service has lifted the privacy issues of many customers and you can follow the guidelines to Disable the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 High Disk Usage Problems.
The basic users of Windows 10 cannot disable the compattelrunner.exe compatibility telemetry but the option to turn off is available only for Enterprise users in settings. Microsoft telemetry feature includes system diagnostic data, program files, logs which you use regularly, and some more which yet to be disclosed. Microsoft Windows Operating Systems allows the user to share the knowledge with the help of Windows 10 master which is a Windows 10 organization or an education model. Microsoft also shifts the data safely and clearly from your system.
Windows 10 Updates related to telemetry and diagnostic Information are mentioned below –
- KB971033 – For Windows Activation Update
- KB2952664 – For Compatibility Update
- KB2976978 – For Compatibility Update
- KB3022345 – To Update Customer Experience
- KB3068708 – To Update Diagnostic Telemetry
- KB3075249 – To Update which adds telemetry points to consent.exe
There are many solutions to the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 Disable as you can follow any solution mentioned below.
Solution 1: – Use CMD to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now you need to type the commands as mentioned below or simply copy and paste the keys one by one. ( Press Enter after each command to Type/Paste).
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo “” > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
reg add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection” /v AllowTelemetry /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- These commands disable Telemetry on your Windows 1o and you need to reboot your PC to apply the changes.
Solution 2: – By Using Group Policy Editor:
- Open Run Command (Windows + R) and type rpedit.msc. Click Ok to continue.
- A new tab with folder name Local Group Policy Editor will open. Navigate one by one as Computer Configuration and then Administrator Templates and then Windows Components.
- Now, in Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds > Allow Telemetry.
- Click on Allow Telemetry and a new tab related to the telemetry will be displayed. Check the Disabled option on the Allow Telemetry tab as shown below and click OK.
Solution 3: – How to Disable Telemetry and Data Collection on Windows 10:
- Open Run and Type regedit and click Ok to open Regsiter Editor.
- Navigate to Registry Key as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows> DataCollection.
- Now you need to create DWORD value as Allow Telemetry as name and set it to 0 as shown.
- Now, the work is to disable the Windows Service.
- To do this Right Click on File Explorer in Windows 10 and Go to Service and Applications > Services which is in the left panel.
- Now you need to disable the services like Diagnostic Tracking Service and dmwappushsvc and if you use Windows 10 updated version then you need to disable Connected User Experiences and Telemetry and dmwappushsvc.
- Double Click on the service and choose the Disabled Option in the StartUp Type label.
- Reboot your System to apply the changes to your computer.
OR if you feel this is a lengthy process you can follow this process.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows/ DataCollection/Allow Telemetry.
- Now Right Click on Data Collection to choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- This is to write a new Allow Telemetry and Assign 0(Zero) and Click Ok.
Steps To Delete Schedule Tasks:
- Search for Task Scheduler on Windows 10.
- Navigate to Windows as Microsoft Tab > Windows to delete the tasks mentioned below.
- All tasks with Application Experience.
- All tasks with Autochk.
- All tasks with Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- DiskDiagnosticData Collector under DiskDiagnostic.
- WinSAT under Maintenance and Deactivate all Media Center task
So, Hope this article helps you know about How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 and also regarding Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Issues. Follow the steps mentioned and also choose any one of the solutions to resolve the issue.