Fix: Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation in Windows Operating System – Microsoft releases updates for all versions of Windows Operating System now and then. These updates are important for us because it helps us to get a lot of benefits and you can experience new features on your Windows Operating System. But updating your Windows Operating System is not that easy, sometimes you need to patience till Microsoft Updates your Windows Operating System. Some cases you may find errors or issues which interrupts installing all updates on your Windows Operating System.
Here are some of the common errors you may see on your Windows Operating System while you update. You can these errors on a blue screen with a certain message in it like Your PC has gone into some error or an issue with an error code 0x80072efd, Error code 0x80070032, Error code 80072ee2, and also many more. All these are common on Windows Operating System while you try to update your Windows OS. These errors have different solutions as these are not caused of the same reason. So better to read the error code and then try to fix it immediately.
Today, am going to explain you the solution for the Fix: Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation in Windows Operating System
How to Fix: Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation in Windows
You can use these steps on any of the Windows Operating System available like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
You can see the error message with the error code c0000034 in the blue screen of the Windows Operating System. So are you ready to fix the error c0000034 on your Windows Operating System, then follow the complete step by step guide mentioned in this article.
- First of all, try to restart your Windows Operating System and then try to update your Windows Operating System. If you see the same error then proceed further.
- Reboot your Windows Operating System and then choose Launch Startup Repair option from the options mentioned below. ( If you didn’t install the Operating System yet, then you need to boot your system from the CD or from any USB).
- As soon as you click on Startup Repair, it starts repairing but you need to click on Cancel.
- Now, you can see a popup notification. Click On Don’t Send and then click View Advanced Options for Recovery and Support.
- Now, choose Command Prompt and then click enter.
- Type the commands in the command prompt as
This will open the Notepad and then click on File > Open. Here you need to change the type of files from notepad views from.txt to All files in it. Now, go to C: Drive or any drive in which Windows Operating System is installed. Select winsxs folder and then click on pending.xml file. Copy the data from it and save another file in the same folder with the same data which is in pending.xml.
Now, press Ctrl + F button on your keyboard and then search for 0000000000000000.cdf-ms. Open it and then delete the text called ”
- <DeleteFile path=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms”/>
- <MoveFile source=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\e56db1db48d4cb0199440000b01de419._0000000000000000.cdf-ms” destination=”\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMa\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms”/>
After you delete the data, save the file and then close the command prompt and then restart your Windows Operating System. After you restart your Windows Operating System, you can see that you can update your Windows Operating System without any errors or issues in it.
If you find the same error again then you can use Windows Repair Tool on your Windows Operating System. This may help you to solve the issue from your Windows Operating System. So finally, you are done with Fix: Fatal Error C0000034 Applying Update Operation in Windows Operating System.