Fix 100% Disk Usage In Windows 10 Operating System – Do you ever imagine the issue which makes to irritate on your Windows 10 Operating System? Yes, sometimes, you may face such issues on your Windows 10 Operating System that makes to irritate and do not allow you to use the Windows 10 Operating System anymore. So to analyze the issue and then fix it immediately on your Windows 10 Operating System, you need to read the complete article. 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10 Operating System would be the toughest issue to resolve on your Windows 10 Operating System. When your Disk Space is completely filled then your Windows PC Stops responding or it responds very slow. So better to fix the issue else you may lose your Windows 10 Operating System completely.
Check the Disk Usage in the Task Manager on your Windows 10 Operating System. Sometimes the Windows Users may think that this is a bug regarding the Windows 10 Operating System Disk Usage. But you cannot define the exact issue related to it but you can try to fix the issue by troubleshooting it. So this article explains you the Step by Step guide to fix the issue regarding the 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 Operating System. Remember that many other websites explain you to fix the issue by disabling the Superfetch, Prefetch, and the BITS services on your Windows 10 OS. But it is not the right way to fix the issue.
How to Fix 100% Disk Usage In Windows 10 Operating System
Before you get into the main topic to Fix 100% Disk Usage In Windows 10 Operating System, try to create a restore point on your Windows OS. This helps you to restore to the point if you find any glitches in between.
- Open the Control Panel and then choose the option to uninstall all the programs from your Windows 10 Operating System. (except Edge and Internet Explorer)
- By uninstalling all the programs from your Windows 10 Operating System, you can see that Disk Space will be reduced and then it will isolate the issue with all the plugins.
- You can also remove the plugins from the browser one by one to decrease the Disk Usage on your Windows 10 OS. Mainly Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player consume much disk usage on your any of the Windows OS.
- Now after complete uninstall of the programs from your Windows 10 OS, open the Run tab and then delete ‘Temp’, Prefect’, ‘%Temp%‘ files and then restart your system.
Now check for the Disk Usage Space has decreased or not. If it has decreased then re-install the required programs on your Windows 10 Operating System.
- Open Run tab and then enter ChkDsk and click enter.
- In the window, type chkdsk.exe /f/r and click enter.
/f – checks all the files and fixes the error detected.
/r Identifies all the Bad Sectors and then Attempts the Recovery Information.
- Also, check for Cloud-Based Protection like Windows Defender. Open Windows Defender and then Disable it.
- Also, disable the Windows Search Indexer from your Windows 10 OS if you do not use it.
If all these don’t work then open the Run tab and then enter services.msc and then search for Print Spooler. Click on it and then disable it. This makes your printer stops working. Many of the users tried this method and fixed the issue. If you find it better then use it and enable the Print Spooler whenever required.
You can also adjust the Visual Effects on Windows 10 Operating System to optimize the Windows Performance. If you think that you want to decrease the Disk Usage Space much more then you can try to update the drivers on your Windows 10 Operating System.
Run System File Checker and then DISM to repair the System Image on your Windows 10 Operating System as it helps to decrease the Disk Usage Space.
If you want to try much more options then you can try the below mentioned options.
- Open the Command Prompt and then type
msdt.exe /id performance diagnostics
- This will adjust all the Performance Settings and improves the Operating System Speed and Performance.
- If you want to upgrade your Firmware or RAM then you can.
If all these don’t work or else you want to decrease the Disk Usage much more then you can Refresh the Windows Tool and then restart your Windows 10 Operating System. So these are the different methods to fix the 100% Disk usage issue on your Windows 10 Operating System, you can also use these steps on any of the Windows Operating System.